domingo, 22 de julio de 2018

FUTURE



The film is French, we won’t understand anything.I don’t think he’ll pass the exam.

predictions
to say things we think, guess or know about the future.
 (
you have no evidence)
                                 I think
                                 I
dontthink



WILL

I’ll ask her to marry me.
I
won’t stay for dinner. I’ll go home early.

Wait! I’ll help you carry those heavy bags.
Don’t worry, I’ll help you with your homework.

I’ll always love you.
If you tell me your secret, I won’t tell anybody.

DECISIONS, OFFERS AND PROMISES

WILL

What film are you going to see tonight?When are you going to travel to Europe?

FUTURE Plans, intentions and general plans

GOING TO

England hasn’t been playing well, I’m sure they are going to lose tomorrow.

Look at hose black clouds, it’s going to rain!

PREDICTIONS WITH EVIDENCE

                              GOING TO

I’m meeting joe at two o’clock.
My cousins aren’t coming to the party.
Is Martha meeting us at the restaurant?

future plans or Future arrangements which have already been made.

plans we have made at a fixed time or place in the future, difficult to cancel and often involving other people.

PRESENT CONTINUOUS

we use it with the expressions
tonight                                         next week
tomorrow                                     on Friday
this weekend

with verbs describing travel arrangements
go
come
leave
arrive


I might go to the party, but i’m not sure.We might not finish the project for tomorrow.Do you think you might call me if you’re not too busy?

Other phrases for intentions and plans

Planning to + infinitive
Sue is planning to go to Norway
Hopping to + infinitive
Joe is hopping to get a scholarship
Thinking of + ing
I’m thinking of travelling to europe

When we are unsure what the plan isMight
Some of the workers may lose their jobs because of the restructuring.

We might not go away this year because we don’t have any money.

PREDICTIONS WHICH ARE LESS CERTAIN
MAY / MIGHT

Might is more common than may in spoken English. May is a little bit more formal.

Global warming could destroy large parts of asia in the next thirty years.
Predictions which are less certain.  COULD

Regina is likely to be late because she works until seven.

We’re unlikely to reach Paris before lunch because of all the traffic.

Are
you likely to be hungry later
?
to make predictions when something is problable

BE LIKELY TO

Next course starts in August
What time does your plane arrive?
What time does the film finish?
My mum arrives at 8:30

Facts
Schedules
Timetables
itineraries

present simple

Definitely
Certainly
Possibly
Probably
Jodie and Alice will probably get divorced son
You definitely won’t get a ticket now. They’ve been sold out.

will +...




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario