domingo, 29 de julio de 2018

MIXED FUTURE





Will future expresses a spontaneous decision, an assumption with regard to the future or an action in the future that cannot be influenced.

Form of will Future

positivenegativequestion
no differencesI will speak.I will not speak.Will I speak?

Use of will Future

  • a spontaneous decision
    example: Wait, I will help you.
  • an opinion, hope, uncertainty or assumption regarding the future
    example: He will probably come back tomorrow.
  • a promise
    example: I will not watch TV tonight.
  • an action in the future that cannot be influenced
    example: It will rain tomorrow.
  • conditional clauses type I
    example: If I arrive late, I will call you.

Signal Words

  • in a year, next …, tomorrow
  • Vermutung: I think, probably, perhaps

Exercises on will Future

Tests

TAKEN FROM https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/future-1-will


Future I Simple going to



Going to future expresses a conclusion regarding the immediate future or an action in the near future that has already been planned or prepared.

Form of going to Future

positivenegativequestion
II am going to speak.I am not going to speak.Am I going to speak?
you / we / theyYou are going to speak.You are not going to speak.Are you going to speak?
he / she / itHe is going to speak.He is not going to speak.Is he going to speak?

Use of going to Future

  • an action in the near future that has already been planned or prepared
    example: I am going to study harder next year.
  • a conclusion regarding the immediate future
    example: The sky is absolutely dark. It is going to rain.

Signal Words

  • in one year, next week, tomorrow

Exercises on going to Future

Tests

TAKEN FROM https://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/future-1-going-to

Present Progressive - Form



Use a form of to be and the infinite verb plus -ing.
Use:
  • am with the personal pronoun I
  • is with the personal pronouns heshe or it (or the singular form of nouns)
  • are with the personal pronouns youwethey (or the plural form of nouns)
affirmativenegativequestion
Iam playing.am not playing.Am I playing?
he, she, itHe is playing.He is not playing.Is he playing?
you, we, theyYou are playing.You are not playing.Are you playing?

Tips on how to form negative sentences and questions

In negative sentences, we put not between the form of be and the verb.
In questions, we simply swop the places of subject and the form of be.
Future I going toFuture I willSimple PresentPresent Progressive
decision made for the futureaction in the future that cannot be influencedaction set by a time table or scheduleaction already arranged for the near future
conclusion with regard to the futureassumption with regard to the future
spontaneous decision



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario